September Courier: An overview of upcoming events and activities, as well as an update from the Congregation Council and other ministry news. Don't forget to check the calendar for day-to-day updates on scheduled meetings.
The Ministry Grant Fund fall application period is now open. For more information, download the guiding criteria for awarding funds. The application form and instructions are at the end of the document.
2015 Music Scholarship Application: The Music Scholarship is a $1000 gift awarded annually to a CTK member with an abiding love for music who wishes to pursue further study in music but is hindered by financial need. For more details and to apply, download the application form.
CTK in The Lutheran magazine slideshow: ELCA Triennial Youth Gathering
Sunday, September 6: A Day of Confession, Repentance, and Commitment to End Racism
Letter from Pastor Amanda Range about CTK's ongoing dialogue on racism
Letter from ELCA Presiding Bishop Elizabeth A. Eaton
- Thursday, September 3: NC Synod Bishop Tim Smith, Pastor Amanda Range, other local Lutheran church leaders, and members of the wider Body of Christ are planning to attend this Thursday's Voting Rights Rally in downtown Raleigh. They will participate in the march to the Capitol beginning at 4:00 p.m. at Shaw University, and then stay for the Rally at Bicentennial Park. CTK members are invited to prayerfully consider participating in these activities on Thursday, September 3rd.
- Letter from NC Synod Bishop Tim Smith
Informational Sessions to Review the Proposed Amendments to CTK Constitution and Discuss Pastor Westphal’s Final Report: Mark your calendar for these informational meetings:
- Sunday, September 6, 9:45 a.m. in Luther Café
- Wednesday, September 9, 11:30 a.m., in Nagle Hall
- Wednesday, September 16, 7:00 p.m., following worship
Special Congregational Meeting Sunday, September 20, 9:45 a.m.: Proposed CTK Constitution Amendments & Update from Congregation Council: We will hold a Special Congregation Meeting called for the purpose of voting on amendments to the CTK Constitution. At this meeting, we will take the initial vote on the proposed amendments, hear a report from the Congregation Council, and conduct the quarterly Congregation Council information session.
Gentle Yoga at CTK: Mondays, 5:30 p.m. in Nagle Hall. Cost: $7/person. Come when you can. No long term commitment. Questions? Contact Debbie Everett.
CTK Prayer Group: Fridays, 11:15 a.m. in Luther Cafe.
CTK University: Online Summer Courses available and ongoing. Join any time.